Investing in the purchase of an apartment is very important. Undertaking your search deserves a previous investigation to find the ideal place that suits your needs. Knowing what you want and what your financial possibilities are is key. Also contemplate different aspects linked to practical, legal, administrative and architectural issues.
You must select the house or apartment that you like the most and where your family will have many good times.
Before visiting the apartment you like, consider its location. It is a factor that will directly affect your resale value and your comfort while you live there. That it is close to subway or bus stations is always an advantage. You should also evaluate its surroundings: if it is a bowling alley, soccer fields, fire or train stations to evaluate possible annoying noises. It will also find out if the area is flooded and collect information about the works that may be to be carried out in its vicinity. Further:
- The ideal is to go the property more than once, at different times of the day and accompanied. Not only for the theme of light, which can vary throughout the day, but to see the neighborhood movement.
- Before buying, check the expenses you would have to face. In addition to the services, it will consider how much is paid at the expense, if there are debts and get advice about how the consortium works (who is in charge of the administration or if it is facing some important work, for example).
- Try to check if the building’s ownership regulations have restrictions that go against your lifestyle (keep in mind that, in some buildings, animals are not allowed). If your idea is to offer a service in your home, make sure it meets the requirement of being professionally qualified.
When you are about to define yourself for your home, we recommend you make a visit with an architect since an objective professional will always offer you a more accurate look. Several studios provide pre-purchase advisory service.
- The first thing that experts recommend attending is the orientation of the unit. The best thing is that all the rooms point to the northeast and north, mainly living and bedrooms, due to a question of light and temperature (it is not so serious if the kitchen faces south). The south-facing environments are very cold, dark and humid. Maybe you dream of an apartment with a balcony, but if it faces south, it will be cold, it will not get sunlight and the plants will have a hard time growing. A good piece of information to detect exactly the orientation of the building is to locate the property on Google Maps, which allows you to see where the North is.
- The quality of the openings (windows and closings) is another point that Riccheri highlights. “They must be hermetic, not move and have a good glaze so that it does not affect the temperature of the apartment. It is something that is very noticeable in energy consumption and in the impact over time ”, he assures. A tip: rest your hand on the glass if the visit is made on a cool day. If it is cold, it means that it is not of good quality and that in winter you will lose temperature and in summer, gain it. If they move, you know that air will enter.
- Linked to the above, it is essential to see if the apartment has cross ventilation. That is, if it has opposite windows for the air to circulate naturally. “It is one of the basic principles of sustainability, it helps to renew the air and the temperature of the rooms,” says the specialist.
- See if the meters of the department are functional and usable. “It is always convenient for the circulations to be direct, simple,” says the architect. Keep in mind that a property is paid per square meter and if the unit has many corridors or corners, you will not use them, but they will affect the final amount to pay for the property.
- Regarding humidity, Riccheri assures that in the apartments there are none that cannot be solved, unlike the houses. If you see some mold on the ceiling in the bathroom, it is normal and is due to the lack of ventilation and the condensation of the steam: it paints and leaves. Of course, you have to be aware of stains that may be due to leaks or broken pipes, something difficult to detect. “You have to take into account that if you buy on the top floor, your roof is going to be the roof, so you have the possibility of leaking from the terrace. If there is a problem, the consortium will have to solve it, but you have to talk about it before buying to rest easy ”. Pay attention to balloons in the paintand strange stains on the walls.
- I opened the taps to check the water pressure and flow.
To the papers
Did you decide Brilliant. But, before signing and paying the down payment and the purchase-sale ticket, it would be good to consider the following tips:
- Everything related to the price of the apartment and the exact amount you are leaving must be expressly stated in the purchase-sale ticket, referring to the fact that in the case of not advancing With the operation for the responsibility of the seller, they must return double the password, according to the new Civil and Commercial Code of the Nation.
- At the time of paying the down payment, you can request a copy of the deed to check the meters of the property along with the expenses.
- You have the right to request the purchase-sale ticket a few days before signing it in order to be able to analyze it with ease. What is important? Know who is the owner that appears in the Registry of Real Property, confirm that the final amount, the delivery date and if the apartment is empty.
- If the property you are going to buy is used, you will have to choose the notary public, whereas, if the apartment is brand new, it will be established by the construction company. Do not forget.